Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, Everyone

Merry Christmas, Everyone. What a perfect morning. Husband is still sleeping. Poor baby came down with the flu a couple of days ago so we've postponed our family Christmas until he feels better.


Two of the dogs are playing next to my desk. Lilly and Meister are almost non-stop playing machines. They'll play a while then chew of their Kong toys for a while then go back to playing. Watching them makes me laugh and calms my heart.

The other two dogs are feigning sleep under my desk ... waiting for me to make a move into the kitchen. My coffee is cold but I'm going to make them wait just a bit more. No, I don't give them a treat every time I go into the kitchen, although I have been known to drop a crumb or two on the floor. It's just a coincidence that the crumbs resemble dog treats.

The cats are just now starting to wiggle. They live in a large crate in my office. Being up high, they can look down on the dogs; and everyone else for that matter. We have four cats. Sigh, they all started out being barn cats because we have so many mice eating the goat/horse grain. But then it got wet so I moved their bed/food  into the barn; then it got cold so I moved their bed/food into the garage/basement; then it got to be freezing so I moved their bed/food into the house. The rest is history. The cats will never be put outside again; there are too many dangers out there for my little guys.

Guess we'll need a feral cat who can't be caught to be the barn cat. Sigh ... .
Merry Christmas, Everyone. May you hold close to your heart the ones you love.

No comments: