Monday, August 03, 2009

Newest Soap Batch Aging Nicely

The newest soap batch is aging nicely. This morning they were firm enough to bevel the edges. Touching our new soaps is a pleasant experience. They're creamy and make my hands feel soft after working with soaps. Maybe that's why I handle them so much.

Anyway, they're back on the drying racks now. Just waiting ... and waiting ... waiting until they're just right. Then, as soon as they're dry enough, I'll take them to the packaging and labeling room where each bar is polished, shrink wrapped and labeled.

But this is a new batch so they’ll need naming. That’s a whole new process that I’ll talk about next time. I've blended three essentials oils: lavender, rosemary, and bergamot. In addition to the gentleness of goat milk, we'll have the effectiveness of these essential oils.

More later as this batch makes its way through the process.




No comments: