Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Reading Naurally Healthy Skin

Chapter One of Naturally Healthy Skin by Stephanie Tourles discusses the structure and function of skin. Knowing what our skin is and does is a perfect place to start.

After reading this chapter I felt that I wanted to know more. So I went to Wikipedia as an alternative research reference. It’s easy to get to, is relative easy to read, has some terrific graphics and photographs, and contains linked references for those of you who want to dig deeper. Always using more than two references pretty much gives you an accurate picture of your subject.

This chapter became a bit longer than I initially thought so I divided my discussion of it into three sections: Skin Structure, the epidermis; Skin Structure, the dermis and subcutaneous, and Skin Structure, its function. With all the new terminology, I'll need more time and effort to digest what I've learned.

No comments: